Saturday, August 04, 2007

Evangelical military takeover: is it working?

I've read a fair amount about the power Evangelicals have in the current military, including Mikey Weinstein's book and a number of blog posts (including recent ones at Brian Flemming's blog and God is for Suckers!) What I'm wondering: has the position of Evangelicals really improved politically? Is the military turning into something that could potentially back a homegrown attempt at theocracy? Or is it that, as scary as it seems, they're really just screwing with unit cohesion? I know Weinstein's foundation gets a lot of complaints from Jews, liberal Protestants, etc., which gives some hope for the second option. The second option is also, of course, what I want to be true. I just don't know, though.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: