Saturday, September 02, 2006

Infected by the Book Meme

Beep! Beep! It's Me gave me a thought virus. Okay, here it goes:

A book that changed my life:
Okay, I'm not sure if C. S. Lewis is really to blame, but The Screwtape Letters contains several passages to the effect that we should only believe things if they are true. A month after I read it I became an atheist.

A book I've read more than once:
The Demon Haunted World.

A book I would take with me if I were stuck on a desert island:
Hmmm... High Wind in Jamaica? Dune? The last few blogs to do this meme have picked something to do with being stranded somewhere. But honestly, I'd probably go for the Bible, because it's a book that's worth knowing inside and out in our society.

A book that made me laugh:
Slander by Ann Coulter

A book that I wish had been written:
Yeshua Pseudomantis (if you don't get this, Google "Alexander Pseudomantis").

A book that I wish had never been written:
The Da Vinci Code.

A book I've been meaning to read:
Josephus' The Jewish War.

I'm currently reading
Jesus of Nazareth: Millenarian Prophet by Dale Allison.

Now, tag 5 bloggers:
Pharyngula
Debunking Christianity
Daylight Atheism
Atheist Revolution
Beware of Dogma

5 comments:

vjack said...

That was fun. Some of the questions were easy, but I really had to think about others. One of the blogs I tagged was a Christian one, so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

NonProphet said...

Hey Hallq, thanks for that. One nice side-effect was it gave me an opportunity to link out to some blogs I haven't had the chance to yet.

beepbeepitsme said...

Thanks for being part of the game. :)

es said...

Don't you think the upside of the DaVinci code is that it may get some Xians to think about their beliefs? and maybe to investigate the roots of the stories in the bible?

That's how change begins...

Hallq said...

Possibly... though it gives apologists too easy a target.